Monday, July 21, 2014

Top 10 Reasons to Stay at a Travelodge

Before you try to tell me, "Suck it up, princess," just let me say that I have stayed in some very dirty, sketchy motels and hostels by my own choice, and been perfectly satisfied. I'm not at a point in my life where it's worth an extra $100 to have a bellboy and fluffy white robe waiting for me. I appreciate an affordable motel, and I don't expect it to be nice, updated, comfortable, or not smell like cigarettes. All I need is a bed, bathroom, and a place to keep my stuff.

But fo real? These $60 Travelodge rooms were worse than any $10/night hostel I've ever experienced in Asia or Europe. And that has to be worth a laugh, right?



1. Eco-Friendly

Travelodge is lowering their carbon footprint by not using up (or providing) precious resources like toilet paper.


2. Hassle-free Showers

You don’t have to deal with disgusting shower curtains, or any shower curtains for that matter.

3. Thoughtfulness

They’re kind enough to unwrap your soap and test it out for you.





4. Cute Linens


Some of our towels and sheets had polka dots! Adorbs.





5. BYOB

They allow you to bring your own batteries for the remote control.



6. Aromatherapy

Weed-scented air fresheners make the hallways smell nice, and we even found a complimentary joint outside our door.



7. That Extra Touch

While they may not put mints on your pillow, they do leave gum on your headboard.



8. Security Guards

Friendly drunks will stand next to your car, and even outside your door to keep watch all night.


9. Nostalgia

Breakfast is served with warm milk, just like Mom used to make.


10. Housekeeping

Housekeepers respect your space and belongings by leaving things just how you left them. They might even drop off some new friends.







1 comment: